The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Musical instrument Guitar Guitar accessory Wood Electronic musical instrument

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

Thanks to @markxander for the install!

Vineham Royal by @copperhead low wind A3 PAF type pickups. It was this or the V59’s and I was hoping these would be close to Gibson custombuckers. They are lower output and a bit clearer/brighter than the custom shop burstbuckers that came with the guitar. I think custombuckers are wound a bit hotter, and will compare with the clips of my old 2016 R8 later.

I will need to make a preset for this guitar as it sounds different enough now.

Clips (not super scientific)
https://soundcloud.com/sears-was-here%2Fr9-royal-noodle
https://soundcloud.com/sears-was-here%2Fr9-bb-royal-comparison

·
Registered
556 Posts
That creamish-color Vinehams looks fantastic on your R9. Matches everything else.

Looking forward to hearing the Royals with gain - the gain clip sounded fantastic with the BB... or was that the Royals I was hearing in the 2nd clip?

·
Premium Member
20,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That creamish-color Vinehams looks fantastic on your R9. Matches everything else.

Looking forward to hearing the Royals with gain - the gain clip sounded fantastic with the BB... or was that the Royals I was hearing in the 2nd clip?
Second clip is both stock and vineham

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

Very good to know .

·
Registered
13 Posts
@OP
How are you liking these pickups now that you've had some more time with them? I was checking out the Vineham site and would like to get something to put in a 335 style guitar. It would also be nice to compare with my SD Antiquities or maybe not and go for something different altogether.

·
Premium Member
20,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
@OP
How are you liking these pickups now that you've had some more time with them? I was checking out the Vineham site and would like to get something to put in a 335 style guitar. It would also be nice to compare with my SD Antiquities or maybe not and go for something different altogether.
I recently changed the height of the neck pickup (which I admittedly use far less often) and I'm still happy with them. No rush to pull them :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts