The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 21 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, thanks to @Louis I've been gassing for this pedal ever since he posted it. I think it's going to compliment the Lazy J nicely (essentially a tweed Princeton). I need some quality Marshall tone, so I can jam with my boy on the main level of the house - who's KISS obsession cannot be satiated. They were geniuses for doing a Scooby Do movie back in the day, but I digress...

I'm really looking forward to this pedal. I was bouncing back and forth between it and a Mike Hill MH-808, but ultimately went with this because it's cheaper and is better know/highly regarded.

I'll keep you posted. The order is in, and now I'll just wait.

Screen Shot 2018-06-24 at 3.50.52 PM.png

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Well, thanks to @Louis I've been gassing for this pedal ever since he posted it. I think it's going to compliment the Lazy J nicely (essentially a tweed Princeton). I need some quality Marshall tone, so I can jam with my boy on the main level of the house - who's KISS obsession cannot be satiated. They were geniuses for doing a Scooby Do movie back in the day, but I digress...

I'm really looking forward to this pedal. I was bouncing back and forth between it and a Mike Hill MH-808, but ultimately went with this because it's cheaper and is better know/highly regarded.

I'll keep you posted. The order is in, and now I'll just wait.

View attachment 217666
Wow cool !!!
Will follow your thoughts on this one !!;)

Hope you will forget my Metroplex thread!!:D

·
Registered
492 Posts
I just checked out their site.... This really has me GASsing! I already have a SL Drive (for Super Bass and Super Lead) + a Suhr Riot clone (for JCM) but this seems to be very flexible, and sounds amazing. Please let us know later what you think.

·
Premium Member
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just checked out their site.... This really has me GASsing! I already have a SL Drive (for Super Bass and Super Lead) + a Suhr Riot clone (for JCM) but this seems to be very flexible, and sounds amazing. Please let us know later what you think.
I'll definitely be following up. @Budda 's comments will be valuable, since he's an 800 aficionado.

·
Premium Member
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Johann Segeborn does a great video of the silver version. The guts are a work of art.

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 2.22.17 PM.png

·
Premium Member
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any news !?
I'm uploading a video as I type this :)

It came a day late, thanks to DHL - I've only had it for about an hour.

Well, my tweed sounds like a marshall now, so I'm very, very pleased. The only issue is that I'm not the biggest fan of JCM800s, so I'm going to sell it after I've had a bit of fun and then pre-order the JMP pedal that they're going to come out with.

It's hilarious how similar the knobs behave to an old Marshall.

·
Premium Member
8,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@Louis

Video uploaded. Ignore the playing though - one take and haven't played the tunes in a while.

1 - 21 of 29 Posts