The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago I sold a cab back to an esteemed forum member (as is often the case, it passed through other members before finding its' way back to him) & since he had just acquired another instrument, he asked me to take a pedal as partial trade. Having recently acquired a larger board I now had room for a flanger, so he offered up an ADA reissue.

Being newer to pedals, I only knew ADA as the builder of shredderific rackmount gear, but the reviews were good so I decided to take a chance. All I can say is "WOW!"

Versatile, low-noise & I even had a laugh gunning down the neighbours with the Speed & Enhance controls full up.

·
Registered
24,151 Posts
The A/DA Flanger is legendary, primarily for the width of its sweep.

The thing is that the standard chipset used in most standard-issue flangers is unable to clock very fast. It is the frequency of the clock that needs to be superfast in order to produce the ultra-short delays needed for majestic "jet plane" sounds that seem to come from the clouds. Units like the Boss BF-2, and similar, are limited in how short a delay they can produce, so they'll do interesting tricks, but nothing particularly jaw-dropping. The A/DA was blessed with additional circuitry that would permit ultra-high frequency clocking and ultra-short delays approaching (though not achieving) "through-zero".

It's a good'un.

·
Registered
11,756 Posts
Congrats!

I picked up the re-issue after following a thread at TGP, I got in on the first run.
Cool pedal with a "pedigree".

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool!.,......can you make us a juicy clip ?
I'm still playing with the controls trying to learn what all this pedal can do, but here's a pretty good demo video by Just Nick.

Like he said, it's still tasty even at the extreme settings.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I'm still playing with the controls trying to learn what all this pedal can do, but here's a pretty good demo video by Just Nick.

Like he said, it's still tasty even at the extreme settings.
Thank's !..................big pedal !...........same size as my H&K Replex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts