The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This showed up on my doorstep today. He said he was going to send me one, and he did. I just didn't expect it so soon or to receive serial #00001. The pedal actually came out of a dinner conversation last May. Joel Korte (Chase Bliss), Guillaume Fairfield (Fairfield), Tim Larwill (Retro-Sonic) and Steve Bragg (Empress) and I, along with several of their staff, and the guy who makes the Knobs youtube videos, all had dinner together a couple of days before the pedal mini-show at Moog Audio in Montreal. Joel and I were talking, and I said that, as far as I was concerned, the "perfect" guitar tone-voicing pedal had a bass shelving control, a pair of sweepable midrange boost-cut controls, and a tunable 2-pole lowpass filter, and maybe Q control in the form of 3-position toggles. Joel was intrigued by it, and we exchanged a few notes about it in the months that followed.

Initially, I thought whatever Joel was thinking of had been scooped by Tech 21 with their Q-Strip EQ pedal ( http://www.tech21nyc.com/products/effects/images/qstrip.jpg ), but Joel being Joel, he took the basic idea farther...a LOT farther. And the Condor was born. It doesn't have as many bands of control as the Q-Strip or the Empress Parametric EQ, but it does many more things, chiefly attributable to the digital control aspect. He's pretty stoked about it and I don't blame him.

The instruction manual detailing what the dipswitch settings all do hasn't been produced yet (the pedal doesn't get released for another 2 weeks), so I'm going to have to consult Youtube demos before unleashing it after my wife heads off to work tomorrow. I posted a Just Nick demo below.

·
Premium Member
28,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did a bit of fiddling with it last night. Does a nice tremolo, and can do some of what the recent EHX Blurst pedal does. Decent, if unrevolutionary, overdrive. Needless to say, it does a nice job of tone-shaping. But really, I need to hook up an expression pedal. I'll try and do that later today. Seems to me it could do a pleasing swell if both filter rolloff and volume are harnessed to the expression pedal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.