The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well those of you who recommended the EP Booster to liven up my Strat were spot on! This pedal is quite a gem on both the Strat and LP...but seriously what the Strat needed. It's turned it from blah to pure lusty tones...
It's good through a dirt channel, but simply outstanding through a clean channel. Breaks up just enough to get dirty with a heavier touch and livens up both the top and bottom end. I was having mixed feelings on the amp I rented (Traynor custom 90) but this pedal just offset what it seemed to be missing (Did not seem to have enough bass for me)

Thanks for the suggestion folks, I am very, very happy with this pedal.

·
Registered
11,831 Posts
Glad that it worked out for you, that's a good unit for sure.

I had that on my band board and prefered it as an always on pedal to sweeten things.
Due to the lack of space though, I had to move it to simply put on a straight volume boost.

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
Lack of space? That's a tiny pedal. Well, tall and narrow at least.

Great choice, I love mine with a strat, lester or 6120.

·
Registered
11,831 Posts
I changed up my dirt section and went with a distorion with and onboard boost at the time.

No room to keep both, though I would've liked to keep the EP for just what I was using it for, that extra oomph.
A lot more useful with singles, imo, though it did add to the HBs I usually use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts