1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Images -
IMG-20190626-165251-635
00100l-PORTRAIT-00100-BURST20190626140457644-COVER

As a celebration for finally (after a year of processing!) becoming a Canadian resident, I got myself a Dawner Prince Boonar! Sold my CB Echorec for half the cash and my girlfriend's parents helped me out with the rest, so a proper gift :)

Man, this thing sounds amazing. The Swell feature is the hands down winner so far and the percussive repeats, are super addicting. Doesn't get as dark as the echorec and the repeats aren't as percussive but these are minor nitpicks really. The selection of the playback heads is a godsend and the pedal is an honest to goodness inspiration machine.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Nice! Multi-head echos are fun. I was hooked on the idea when I saw a demo of the CB Echrorec and learned how you could go from rhythmic delays to washed out goodness just by changing how you play. When I tried the CB pedal, it sounded great but seemed more suited to at-home tinkering than a live performance tool. If the program select knob clicked at each of the options, that would have been a huge help. Tap-tempo wouldn't have hurt either. :)

Never had a chance to try the Boonar, but always wanted to. Congrats on the purchase and the Canadian residency!

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! Multi-head echos are fun. I was hooked on the idea when I saw a demo of the CB Echrorec and learned how you could go from rhythmic delays to washed out goodness just by changing how you play. When I tried the CB pedal, it sounded great but seemed more suited to at-home tinkering than a live performance tool. If the program select knob clicked at each of the options, that would have been a huge help. Tap-tempo wouldn't have hurt either. :)

Never had a chance to try the Boonar, but always wanted to. Congrats on the purchase and the Canadian residency!
My points exactly with the CB Echorec. I tried to use it during rehearsals a couple of times and changing it even song after song was a chore. Sounded fantastic but not practical. The Boonar is so much better and honestly so much more versatile! I wondered about tap tempo but I think I'll use delay more like an effect - the slapback, percussive repeats, atmospheric stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
I wondered about tap tempo but I think I'll use delay more like an effect - the slapback, percussive repeats, atmospheric stuff.
Yeah, I'm finding tap tempo to be a "nice to have" feature and less of a "must have". I often set some delay time that seems to work for everything to fill out the sound, and use the tap only for parts where the echo mix is really high. The rest is all "good enough for rock and roll"... and the imperfection seems to add to the character rather than take away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts