The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
Mainly Fenders and G&L
1,878 Posts
Benee Wafers said:
Yeah I hear ya but the bottom line, I think, is that guitars are not about paint jobs. They are about sound.If you can find an Epi that sounds like and as good as the real Gibson SG then more power to you.
Similarly I read here about players praising their LP style Tokai Love Rock guitars. I ask why? I figure ultimately they want a Gibson Les Paul but won't spend the money to get one. I guess its really just economics.
No doubt when someone can afford a Gibson Les Paul they'll buy one.
Good luck. Let me know how it goes.
Benee Wafers
I'm one of the praisers of the Love Rocks and no ultimately I do not want a Gibson LP. I have played many, some I liked some I didn't. I can live without the name on the headstock as long as the rest of the guitar feels right. It is not a point of affording it anymore, it's about getting value for your money.
The LR plays, feels and sounds as good as any LP that I have played and that would be a few. The biggest difference would be the resale value but I can live with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.