The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just chatting with @cboutilier earlier about some of the stats and it crossed my mind that we're missing a very important stat! Well mainly important to me... Who is on the most ignore lists? I think @adcandour or @Steadfastly May give me a run for my money but I feel like a I have a shot at it... anyone else think we should have some useless fun stats? Is this possible @GuitarsCanada ?

·
Premium Member
8,894 Posts
I was just chatting with @cboutilier earlier about some of the stats and it crossed my mind that we're missing a very important stat! Well mainly important to me... Who is on the most ignore lists? I think @adcandour or @Steadfastly May give me a run for my money but I feel like a I have a shot at it... anyone else think we should have some useless fun stats? Is this possible @GuitarsCanada ?
I'd be curious to see where I stand on the ignored list, but I'm nowhere near you or Vadsy - maybe back in the day before things started getting weird (messed up pm's, threats, etc.). You and Vadsy have taken off a lot of the heat, and I've gone more 'low profile'.

I remember there was a time when I was most liked - well, had the best post-to-like ratio before everything got wiped out. Was it a post to like ratio? I may be mixing it up with the kill:time ratio in call of duty. Fuck, I'm losing my mind.

Anyway, I miss that 'dislike' button...remember that beauty of a thing? That way we could at least tell who was the most garbage forum member. Those were the days.

·
Premium Member
6,216 Posts
I'd be curious to see where I stand on the ignored list, but I'm nowhere near you or Vadsy - maybe back in the day before things started getting weird (messed up pm's, threats, etc.). You and Vadsy have taken off a lot of the heat, and I've gone more 'low profile'.

I remember there was a time when I was most liked - well, had the best post-to-like ratio before everything got wiped out. Was it a post to like ratio? I may be mixing it up with the kill:time ratio in call of duty. Fuck, I'm losing my mind.

Anyway, I miss that 'dislike' button...remember that beauty of a thing? That way we could at least tell who was the most garbage forum member. Those were the days.
You're nowhere close to the top of the like:post list now, at least within the notable lists.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
Stats ?!? Why for ? 8-|
Stats apply for a whole or extract of a definite population of individuals.
In the case of an individual, the binary system prevails : in vs odd., 0 vs 1. :-/
Oh ! now we should have to thinks about "in between" and "neithers"...
Stats ?! Ah ! You may like someone 0,576 ?
Would that be an average of the the Yae/nay of each anatomical/psychological part of the person ? outch !

Let's return to the study of Xmb5-7 and diminished scales families... ;-)

·
Premium Member
28,370 Posts
Some years back, I asked the members of the DIYstompbox forum (who numbered well over 30,000 at that point, what generally drew their attention to a thread: the topic, intriguing header, who else is responding to it, number of replies so far, recency, etc. Many people said that there were a few long-time members whose participation (and visibility as the most recent post on a thread) frequently drew them to it. I know that one works for me. Even if the topic doesn't interest me that much, if so-and-so has posted in it, I think there's a reasonable chance I'm going to learn something if I check it out.

We're not nearly as bad as some sites, that seem to specialize in juvenile trolling. But at the same time, there are many threads here that have no illusions about being instructive or helpful. That said, as long as one sticks to certain sub-fora, the "I wonder what he/she has to say about that" strategy seems to work.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.