The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the USA, we have Craigslist, which I think is Canada's version of Kijiji. I came across this ad tonight in Central New Jersey. Read it and decide for yourselves if its a joke...or not.

1963 Fender Precision Bass

Craigslist is notorious for attracting all kinds of wackos selling stuff and much more. They just deleted all the personals ads because too many hookers were trolling for johns.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just sounds like someone trying to make a witty ad to attract attention for the run of the mill partscaster P bass.
You're probably right. I saw an ad on Craigslist once that had to be a joke. The guy who ran it claimed to be a psychotic, egotistical, maniac lead singer who would make your life miserable if you joined his band.

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
he replaced the neck,body,bridge pickup and tuners...yet it occupies the same space as the vintage 63....the space between his ears perhaps or just a witty ad

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
This sounds like the guitar version of Theseus's paradox. The original question was if you maintained a ship by replacing wooden planks as they decay to the point that every piece of wood is eventually replaced, is it still the same ship or is it a different ship?

Some old vehicles can still be considered "vintage" even though most of it is new except for some key pieces with the VIN are still there. Or some people use this problem when talking about human existence, as most of our body's cells are replaced every 7-10 years except your neurons. So maybe for vintage guitars, you could say it is vintage if you still have the neck plate with the serial number. :)

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
This is a joke obviously, its not a '63 that he gradually changed parts on. This bass has nothing to do with a restored '63.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
you should never judge a book by its cover.
The ad very detailed and honest....the price is fair.
I dont have a problem at all with the presentation. Actually its pretty witty.
G.

Reactions: Dorian2

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Sounds like seller thinks he has a sense of humor

1 - 12 of 12 Posts