The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first post .....

I'm trying to identify and get some information on an electric guitar I've had in my possession since the early to mid 80's. I haven't played in a long, long time (more into synths and electronics now-a-days) - I don't really know that much about guitars to be honest. My parents bought me this maple bodied (very heavy) Northern electric when I was learning as a kid. It has maple leaves on the fretboard instead of the typical dots. I guess it's a Les Paul copy. The only writing on it is on the head and it says "Northern II". All the hardware is brass as well. My question is does anyone know who made this thing?

I can post a picture if that would help.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I know the guitar that you are talking about very well. The Guitar Clinic had a used one in stock for years. I believe that the same one is available at Lou's Music in Hamilton now.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you too much about it except for the fact that the one I have played has been sitting in a music store for at least 10 years and hasn't moved, so selling it may not yeild the best price.

Over all, the one that I've played wasn't too bad, but the over all look of the instrument is a little on the bland side. If you are thinking of selling it you would be best to find someone that has an affinity for them.

If I were you, I'd just hang onto it if you like it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, first post .....

I'm trying to identify and get some information on an electric guitar I've had in my possession since the early to mid 80's. I haven't played in a long, long time (more into synths and electronics now-a-days) - I don't really know that much about guitars to be honest. My parents bought me this maple bodied (very heavy) Northern electric when I was learning as a kid. It has maple leaves on the fretboard instead of the typical dots. I guess it's a Les Paul copy. The only writing on it is on the head and it says "Northern II". All the hardware is brass as well. My question is does anyone know who made this thing?

I can post a picture if that would help.

Thanks in advance.
Not sure if you have this guitar or post to this site anymore. But I wold love to see it if you have pics and if it matches the one that I used to own, I might even offer to buy.

Let me know! THanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same Guitar and some people claim its a Les Paul copy. I got mine from Waddingtons in Hamilton downtown. I used to take guitar lessons above the store.. No A/C .. so killer hot as a kid. It still sounds awesome to this day. Oh.. its a heavy guitar, I swear it was made out of Walnut!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts