The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Been playing guitar for a few years mainly just reading tabs, finally decide to get more serious with it. Where is a good starting point with theory?

Thank in advance!

·
Premium Member
18,810 Posts
Personally, I think it helps to have someone to teach you theory, rather than trying to learn it by yourself. It can become confusing and complicated very quickly.

My knowledge of theory is fairly basic and not strong. However, it has been very helpful to learn and apply to my playing.

Good Luck with it.

You will have many specific questions about theory. Don't hesitates to ask here as there are many teachers and skilled guitarists in the forum that will help you.

·
Premium Member
18,596 Posts
Start at the start. Learn how to read the treble clef, what a time signature is, and where the notes are on the guitar when you are reading sheet music.

I'd *strongly* suggest finding a teacher.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Start at the start. Learn how to read the treble clef, what a time signature is, and where the notes are on the guitar when you are reading sheet music.

I'd *strongly* suggest finding a teacher.
Thank! Only promble is that there's no teacher around here, any suggestions for online?

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
18,596 Posts
Thank! Only promble is that there's no teacher around here, any suggestions for online?

Are you set up for a good, useable skype connection? I know teachers who use that for international lessons.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you set up for a good, useable skype connection? I know teachers who use that for international lessons.
I do, was thinking using jam play or artist work

1 - 11 of 11 Posts