The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
15,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Special shout out to my good friend Charles (@Adcandour ) for helping me get an old friend back. I sold this to Charles many years, and regretted shortly after, but he'd already sold it to his cousin. I've bugged him about it a few times of course and when his cousin decided to sell Charles got hold of me right away. here she is getting a cleaning and conditioning (that rosewood was pretty dry) but is still in every bit as good condition as when I sold it. Plays great, sounds better. I'm thrilled.

P

·
0 Posts
Nice guitar.

Have you calculated the increased price you paid over what you sold it for vs inflation less interest on that difference?

·
Premium Member
8,573 Posts
I think I’ve read most of your gear posts, I can’t remeb you being more complimentary or in love with any guitar over that one. Cool you got it back.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,104 Posts
Special shout out to my good friend Charles (@Adcandour ) for helping me get an old friend back. I sold this to Charles many years, and regretted shortly after, but he'd already sold it to his cousin. I've bugged him about it a few times of course and when his cousin decided to sell Charles got hold of me right away. here she is getting a cleaning and conditioning (that rosewood was pretty dry) but is still in every bit as good condition as when I sold it. Plays great, sounds better. I'm thrilled.

Happy new/old, guitar day. I don't regret selling many pieces of gear but I wish I could get back the 2 I do. You must be stoked!

Reactions: davetcan

·
Administrator
15,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice Dave! I think about the Sheraton I sold back to you from time to time!
I actually gave that one to a former member who was dying of cancer and I'm not sure where it, or any of his other gear, ended up. He had some really nice stuff.

·
Registered
11,821 Posts
Good for you Dave, I remember your regret after it was gonzo.

Beautiful necks on those, both in the maple and RW, but that RW is something else.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Charles and his cousin looked after your guitar very well. It is in fine condition for you to enjoy.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts

Cool looking guitar. I am a big EBMM fan these days. I foolishly overlooked them until recently.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Great story. Glad you got er back. Wish I didn't have to send my EBMM back a while back. Seem to be a bit under rated at times compared to the bigger names.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts