The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a ton of gear i have gotten rid of lately and am in the process of setting up a practice area in my basement. I was specifically looking for a small Modeler.
Tried Mustangs, Blackstar ID Core, Marshall Code, Boss Katana, New Line 6, Vox New VTX Line.
I picked up Vox VTX150 Valvetronix Pro in absolute mint condition. Apparently a rare bird in this colour scheme. Has the neodymium speaker and birch ply cab leather handle and weighs in at 12Kg.
I must of drove the guys nuts at the shop because i had all 6 above amps set up around me for more than an hour but the sound, size, and weight on the VTX150 was unbeatable.
The VTX 100 was a very close second followed by the Boss Katana then the Blackstar & Mustang, Line 6
The Marshall Code was the worst of the lot simply awful IMO.

The pic below is from the web. Mine is the exact same.
I'm looking for the 1x12 cab and the VS12 floorboard so if anyone has one out there they want to part with please contact me.

[

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
That looks pretty cool. I haven't seen the VTX in that color scheme before.

I have been using the Fender GDEC for about 5 years now for practice. I think the key with these modelers is once you find a few good sounds, set it and forget it. With all the options on it, it seems like a better sound is always an adjustment away but that just leads to fiddling instead of playing.

Also, mix analog pedals in if you'd like. The fuzz on my GDEC sounds crappy so I run a Big Muff or Fuzz Face into a slightly overdriven Fender with a tad delay and reverb. Now I have wicked fuzz!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.