The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Whoa, MF ships to Canada? Never noticed that before... do you get stuck with custom duty fees and shit though? I rarely buy online, when I do it's from Canadian's, so I don't know too much about that stuff, lol.

Very nice LP.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Canadian.

599.99 US dollars = 683.38 Canadian dollars... but then you might be surprised:

"Please note that you may be responsible for payment of duties or other import taxes applicable to your order."

If you want to go that route, why not go on eBay and find it cheaper? Lol.

I

·
0 Posts
violation said:
do you get stuck with custom duty fees and shit though?
Yes, you will end up paying duty. And in the case of an Epiphone it will be particularly high because its country of manufacture is not the US or Mexico (i.e. not a NAFTA country). If they ship UPS it'll be $80 for the brokerage fees on that guitar plus duty, plus GST.

The LA Music price has all the import duty and taxes already factored into it. It might, in the end, be a little higher than Musicians Friend because they don't do the same volume. But it won't be a huge difference.

I think this is one my big pet peeves with the "I can get it cheaper on eBay" argument for low balling people selling gear in Canada. The final dollar value on the auction may be less on that Ibanez. But wait until you see the shipping and customs bill.

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,018 Posts
Someone had one for sale on the forum a few months ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts