1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
At the end of June????

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
"I care" about the Snowbirds. Went to lots of air shows when I was younger, and always nostalgic and proud when I see them. Actually saw the American Blue Angels and the Snowbirds at the same show, and the only interesting thing the Angels did was taxi, take off, and land together. With the Forces base being in my corner of town, they often fly over our house for practice, and I'm the first guy to run outside and watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,775 Posts
I saw them last night... they put on a fine show. Tens of thousands of other people of all ages and genders came out to see them too; lot's of communal chatter, fun, sharing.

I care.

(Mickey Rooney would have cared too.)

·
Premium Member
10,857 Posts
I've seen them a couple of times and they were good, great even. The skill level of the pilots is impressive. The little boy in me loudly exclaims in ecstatic wonder; but the old curmudgeon in me says it's all a dangerous waste of resources. As it is said, I hope I die before I get old.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Yeah I like them a lot. And those are beautiful little aircraft and perfect for that because they aren't too fast. Awesome how they all get hooked up back in full formation after a few of them have been circling out of sight while the rest do stuff that doesn't use full formation. Even just two of them going by in close formation will stop me in my tracks.

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
As @marcos sez,..."Oh, those snowbirds"

·
Registered
345 Posts
Always enjoyed watching the Snowbirds whenever there was a chance to.

Long time ago, I heard from a fellow Canadian that they tend to "go to that land of gentle breezes, where the peaceful water flow". I doubt she meant Florida, though.

·
Registered
5,775 Posts
Practice for all the Canada day stuff. They did a 9 plane diamond formation roll by my place at a thousand feet. Was epic. But then I love the snowbirds and aerial displays. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pre- and post-Canada-Day practice maybe. On Canada Day they're in Ottawa but they'll just do a fly-by, not a full aerobatic performance. They did one of those in Barrie last night, nice. Here's a photo (not mine, and not last night). They do some exciting stuff.

upload_2017-6-29_17-10-3.jpeg

·
Registered
5,775 Posts
One more... we saw this guy last night too. A lot more noise and thunder than the little Tudors, but a lone act that didn't seem as exciting. (not my picture, not last night)

CX03-2017-0135-14_small.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts