The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That has to be one of the coolest looking mandolins I have ever seen. I like they way they styled those.

Yeah I like it so far. I looked at some solid bodies shaped like Teles or Firebirds but they seemed a bit cheesy. This was a lot more coin that they were, but I play mandolin in around four tunes a night and I've been using an old Washburn (quite nice) for about twenty years.

This one should sound better out front.

We'll see.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
Congratulations! I love those things and came close to buying one so many times.

Many of them need a slight action tweak and I've shimmed the neck pocket on two or three for customers. It's a quick and easy fix IF it needs it. Having jammed a few times with one I can say they're fantastic plugged in and acceptable for quiet practice too. A seperate pre-amp or DI gives a bit control over the signal but they're fine plugged in direct. If they even add a magnetic pickup...wow!

Peace, Mooh.

·
Premium Member
16,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congratulations! I love those things and came close to buying one so many times.

Many of them need a slight action tweak and I've shimmed the neck pocket on two or three for customers. It's a quick and easy fix IF it needs it. Having jammed a few times with one I can say they're fantastic plugged in and acceptable for quiet practice too. A seperate pre-amp or DI gives a bit control over the signal but they're fine plugged in direct. If they even add a magnetic pickup...wow!

Peace, Mooh.
Thanks man.

I always use active DIs for instruments like this. I'll have to assess the action this evening. Actually I'd like to have my old Washburn mandolin set up. I've had it for more than 20 years and it could use a little TLC.

·
Premium Member
11,010 Posts
That looks like a Washburn I had on long term (several years) loan once. Solid woods all around, decent bluegrass style chop...almost forgot I had it.

Try the Godin through heavy effects, especially modulation, octave, and delay effects.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Premium Member
16,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That looks like a Washburn I had on long term (several years) loan once. Solid woods all around, decent bluegrass style chop...almost forgot I had it.

Try the Godin through heavy effects, especially modulation, octave, and delay effects.

Peace, Mooh.
Well for sure I'll be putting some delay on it tonight. We're working on Phasers on Stun By FM.

I've got my parts down and ready to go. Should be a blast.

·
Premium Member
16,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Holy crap!

This thing freaking ROCKS!!

Way easier to play than my old Washburn and as I expected, it sounds fantastic amplified.

I love it.

·
Premium Member
16,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very, very cool. Envy. Yeah, envy is what I've got.

Peace, Mooh.
Don't try one unless you intend to buy it, LOL.

It's a mandolin alright, but for some reason it felt natural to wear it lower and hit it a bit harder like a guitar.

Frankly, looking at it remids me a bit of a Les Paul (mahogany slab with a nice cap).

Where's my Nash the Slash costume....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts