The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I really need a PEQ for dummies lesson, LOL. "add some high cut" sounds like "jumbo shrimp" to me :)
Yeah, parametric EQ is pretty difficult for newbies. I was having trouble, and did some research online and made some notes on how to use one for different things.

I can provide links to anything at the moment, since I'm using my bluetooth and driving. When I get home, I'll dig some stuff up

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Can't quite remember how I did it on the 11r but I think I added the PEQ, scrolled over to high and added the high pass filter, then took the frequency down to 8-9K. Really cleans up the fizzy presets.

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Para EQ stuff.
Thanks Dave. That's a really good video - especially since mud is my number one enemy.

I'm actually going to really dig into PEQing once I start putting my presets together. I've just got to find the right foot controller to load them and I'm waiting on one more piece of gear coming in from Ohio before I have all the effects units I need.

Right now I've got 3 1u effects processors - the TC - G (I snagged from you), the Lexicon PCM-80, and the 'blackface' Rocktron Intellifex.

I'm going to be using my Rocktron Patchmate Loop 8 to route everything. It's going to start to get crazy - I have to connect the power station to act as the power amp for the 11r and then use it's fx loop for the old marshall. I'm going to lose a lot of hair before this is completed.

What did you think of the Eric Johnson Preset? I've been learning the intro to Cliffs just because of it. It'll be a about a week before it's recording-worthy. What a great song. Admittedly, I've lost a bit of respect for Bonamassa due to learning it. I knew he was heavily influenced, but...wow.

On a side - my autocorrect just suggested that I replace "I've got to find" with "I've gotta find". Unbelieveable.

Here's that satch patch (it's very very close):

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts
^^ my fingers will never do that,LOL. Nice sounding patch though. I did like the Johnson preset. I've also dialed in a great "Run Like Hell" patch, which is something very difficult to do with just amp and pedals.

I need to stop tweaking and start learning for a bit. I've got a bunch of new stuff to get down by this Thursday :) Some I know but need to improve. 11r will just be a side project for awhile.

Spooky
Give Me One Reason
Chains of Love
Heart Without A Soul
Give It To A Good Man
Fire On The Water
Born With A Broken Heart SD
Comfortably Numb
How Long
Lyin’ Eyes
A Quitter Never Wins
Take It Easy
Diggin' A Hole
Dirty Work in A

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
...... I've got a bunch of new stuff to get down by this Thursday :) Some I know but need to improve. 11r will just be a side project for awhile......

Dirty Work in A
Ooh, is that Dirty Work by Steely Dan, or the cover of that song by Songbird? My apologies for the derail, but, if so, excellent song.

John
thegrumpyoldman

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Here's my Run Like Hell patch attempt. Obviously I don't really know the song and need to work on that right hand. Cool sounding patch though. This is AVRI Tele > 11r > Koch Studiotone FX Loop In > 1x12 Thiele Cab. So just using the Koch as a power amp.

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fdavetcan%2Frun-like-hell-11-rack-patch-test
That sounds great. The chords really sound accurate - I want to give it a listen through my Bose in the basement though. Mac speaker don't do it justice.

I'll have to dig some of these patches up.

There's a website called elevenrackpresets.com that I'm going to look into soon. I think they have well over a thousand there. I just have to see if there's a way around not having protools.

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts
That sounds great. The chords really sound accurate - I want to give it a listen through my Bose in the basement though. Mac speaker don't do it justice.

I'll have to dig some of these patches up.

There's a website called elevenrackpresets.com that I'm going to look into soon. I think they have well over a thousand there. I just have to see if there's a way around not having protools.
I've downloaded some without any issues, just save to computer and load them through the standalone editor.

The patch above I just copied from a guy on youtube by zooming in on his presets. It got me close enough and I just tweaked from there for my rig.

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I've downloaded some without any issues, just save to computer and load them through the standalone editor.

The patch above I just copied from a guy on youtube by zooming in on his presets. It got me close enough and I just tweaked from there for my rig.
Good to know. I just tried a youtuber's eric johnson preset and it sounded nothing like it through my setup. I guess I can assume these are meant for most stereo monitors or something. I'm going to try it again tonight or tomorrow through my headphones.

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts
Good to know. I just tried a youtuber's eric johnson preset and it sounded nothing like it through my setup. I guess I can assume these are meant for most stereo monitors or something. I'm going to try it again tonight or tomorrow through my headphones.
Yep, it's surprising how much difference there is from rig to rig. Pat's Marshall patch sounded awesome on his rig, thin and weak on mine, LOL.

·
Premium Member
738 Posts
Yep, it's surprising how much difference there is from rig to rig. Pat's Marshall patch sounded awesome on his rig, thin and weak on mine, LOL.
Yes, that is a huge variable. Monitors, guitars, pickups etc. The presets are a good starting point but they need to be tweaked per individual taste and equipment.

·
Administrator
15,979 Posts
81 - 95 of 95 Posts