The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DirtDog from Ottawa here.

Longtime, but amateur, bassist and guitarist.

What are you dudes and dudettes playing these days?

Me, I'm running an active Fender Jazz through an Eden WT330 head and an Eden D210XLT cab.

Have had in the past: SWR SM400S/WM410T rig, Eden Nemesis NC115 combo, Yorkville BM200 combo + Sansamp BDDI , Musicman Stingray 4, Godin SD4, lotsa other crap.

DD

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
:wave: Welcome to our little club. :tongue:

See sig for what I'm currently playing.

As for the past, well, a bit of everything. GK, Hartke, Music Man, Warwick, Fbass, MF, KenSmith, Ibby, Yamaha, Zon - pretty much the whole alphabet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
james on bass said:
:wave: Welcome to our little club. :tongue:

See sig for what I'm currently playing.

As for the past, well, a bit of everything. GK, Hartke, Music Man, Warwick, Fbass, MF, KenSmith, Ibby, Yamaha, Zon - pretty much the whole alphabet.
Cool, thanks James. Little, indeed. I'm a regular over on talkbass - that place is just to busy to keep track of anything....

What do you like best about your setup? I've heard many things about SX basses, enough to make we want to get one and try it out. And wow, your tobacco burst jazz looks just like my Fender!

DD

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
dirtdog said:
Cool, thanks James. Little, indeed. I'm a regular over on talkbass - that place is just to busy to keep track of anything....

What do you like best about your setup? I've heard many things about SX basses, enough to make we want to get one and try it out. And wow, your tobacco burst jazz looks just like my Fender!

DD
I like them. Have had 3 fretless Jazzes this year, and have a Pbass due to arrive in the next day or so. They are decent enough stock, but liven up with better pots, jack etc... I would say as good or better than a MIM Fender. What I really like about them is I can tinker with them and dress them up without worring about damaging something. I can gig them and not worry about damaging them. I was too afraid to even set the truss-rod on some of my high end basses over the years.

As for the tobacco burst one, it's for sale to finance the P and the mods I have planned for it.

As for my rig... I was using a GK800RB up until this past spring since 1990 or so and a Hartke 410XL since 1989. It was really time for a change. I can't say enough good things about the GK. Couldn't kill it if you tried. The Hartke needed to go though. Absolutely bullet proof as well, but the aluminum cone thing was past it's heyday. I played the Yorkie 8x8 cab and fell in love. A couple months later I bought the head to match it. I really like the Yorkie stuff. A little bit of tube warmth, but overall, a pretty transparent sounding rig. Can't wait to let it wail with the P. I've never used a fretted bass with this rig yet.

·
Registered
885 Posts
dirtdog said:

Longtime, but amateur, bassist and guitarist.

DD
Like you, I'm a long time (serious) amateur, bassist and guitarist. My focus is mostly on blues and jazz. I've been enjoying my SX bass which I play through a Peavey Basic 112. Works and sounds great at my weekly jam sessions. My 50 year old bones didn't like lugging a 50 lb amp around, so yesterday, I picked up a new Peavey Max 110 for my little home studio and to transport when need be. It's half the weight of the 112 and really packs a punch for a little thing.

The rest of my gear is outlined below.

Lawrie

·
Registered
136 Posts
dirtdog said:
Hello Dirt Dog!

Bass
SX BG-205
Fender Jazz 4 (MIM)
Alvarez - model?, 5 str, no markings and never seen one again live or google
Mann Ricky 4001 (sentimental - my first bass)

Guitar (I went through a guitar phase in the 90s)
1996 Les Paul Standard
Fender accoustic of some ilk

Amp - I need to develop a case of GAS for this section
Yorkville 200T w/1x15" extension
Small valvestate guitar amp

+ Pandora PX4B, Mid-size Peavey PA amp, Wharfedale PA speaks, mixers, mics, an EQ, a rack EQ, various guitar pedals and a number of other things I should probably sell to buy some new amplification ... but it's hard to let go :smile:

As for what I have had previously? A long list of items I sold it for a tiny fraction of their current value - though haven't we all?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts