The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

Anyone Know How many people use nitrocellulose lacquer in Canada?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I am going to start supplies Nitrocellulose lacquer (N.C Clear) in Canada and if any one has any product related inquiry please post on reply. If anyone know about majority user of this product in Canada please post here.
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Hi there,
I am going to start supplies Nitrocellulose lacquer (N.C Clear) in Canada and if any one has any product related inquiry please post on reply. If anyone know about majority user of this product in Canada please post here.
Thanks,
Would love to know more about what you are going to have available and pricing. Also timeline when it will be available. You can DM me if you want

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Behlen is the only brand I know you can buy in Canada. but finding the exact one you want is a pain. Ardec Canada IIRC has some but not all of their products.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Goudey's in Toronto makes/sells it in a few different formulations. Not sure what it goes for there.

Goudey's also has DA for mixing shellac as well fyi... (hard to find that stuff in Toronto). Cool store.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
In Ottawa I bought from both CIL and Bond's Decor on Gladwin Cres,
Hi! Can you post a picture of exactly what you bought? I'm looking to refinish a guitar this summer and want to use NL and I want to know what can to look for.

·
Premium Member
5,325 Posts
I have an account with Richelieu, so I have access to Mohawk. But after years of bucking the water-born movement, I finally gave up & joined it. I see no reason (for me) to ever go back to nitrocellulose.
I don't miss the fumes, I don't need the cleanup hassles, and I found you can get a really nice finish out of water-base. They make water-based lacquer now that's 100% burn-in to the previous coat, just like the real thing.
Maybe I'd use some when repairing vintage guitars?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts