The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
It's been less than a hour.
Some are probably just waking up from their naps.

Starting new threads are easier than trying to find a old similar topic one.
Until someone does the work for you and points it out. lol.
(link)'it's been covered in this thread'(link)

·
Registered
10,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So anyway, I woke up in the middle of the night last night from a nightmare. I woke up feeling really anxious and freaked out. I eventually fell back to sleep, but then I had another nightmare and woke up feeling the same way again. That's my rant for this thread.

·
Registered
10,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I stopped dreaming (or least stopped remembering them) years ago, but I started having nightmares regularly about two years ago.

·
Registered
24,689 Posts
Don't eat for at least an hour before you plan to hit the sheets. Seriously. What makes nightmares nightmares is their coherence, the sense that things are unfolding in a sort of narrative. What fosters coherence is lightness of sleep - nobody has nightmares in deep sleep. Of course everyone, or nearly everyone, goes through the normal sleep cycles, from light to deep and back up again, several times a night. But eating before bedtime keeps "the lights" on longer.

It sounds trivial, and I fully comprehend and accept that whatever the content of someone's nightmares is may require some outside assistance. But whatever one can do to sleep more deeply, for longer periods, allows for nightmares to stay in their packaging.

·
Registered
24,689 Posts
There is a nightmare that is of a very specific time in history. In it, one is walking across campus to the computing center, with your stack of 80-column punchcards in hand, and most importantly in order. You trip and the stack of cards goes flying. For some folks, this was the stuff of bolting upright in bed in a cold sweat.

Dreams, both good and bad, are funny that way.

·
Registered
24,689 Posts
Well, millions of bus stop benches say "It pays to advertise". Maybe a pants-less day IS or will turn into a "good day".

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Always relieved when I wake up to find I never really lost my wallet, or broke down and had a smoke. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts