The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

NGD's

1K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  zontar 
#1 ·
I think I have the world's most enabling wife, which is a great thing! I picked up three of these on are way for our Honeymoon a couple weeks ago which ended up taking a lot more time than she signed up for. She never once complained!! We met some really great people in our guitar excursion including a forum member and another fellow I have seen on Jemsite. Luckily I had a friend who I dropped off the guitars to in Whitby so they didn't sit in the airport parking lot freezing cold. She just brought them brought them back to me... super nice. The 3120 was waiting for me when I got home today... thanks sorbz62. Anyways, as you can see I have an unhealthy relationships with floating trems...

Guitar String instrument String instrument Musical instrument Plucked string instruments

See less See more
#3 ·
Ohh yes I have wanted one for a while now, and oddly enough it was this very guitar that sparked my interest in acquiring one! It is loaded with Bill Lawrence pups, a Schaller trem, body is mahogany with a very nice 3D maple quilt cap, and the neck is maple with an ebony board with abalone inlays. It is a joy to play... it plays like a CS Fender only better to me. It was owned by a forum member here (xbolt) and I saw that he was selling off a number of his guitars on another site back in December. So long story short, he and I had been corresponding by email for almost three months and then I finally got it last week. It is a keeper for sure and wont be going anywhere.

#5 ·
Haha ya they can be a hassle to set up and change strings but once you get the hang of it, it's very easy to do. I only have one non-floating bridge guitar right now and seem to gravitate towards them. Although I would like an AVRI tele.
Keep on trying I'm sure she will surprise you.
The Zion by far... main reason being it is different than a lot of my other guitars. Second would be the 770 DX violet metallic is also nice because of the maple board.

#6 · (Edited)
I think you should pick up a couple Ibanez's and hang onto that sweet wife!:)

#9 ·
I've always wanted an EVH MM, I should have bought the one that was for sale here a couple weeks back. Ya she is cool with things, we go on a lot of guitar expeditions. But I am having trouble convincing her to allow me to purchase more things at the Elmira guitar show. I have to sell other guitars before bringing new ones into the house...

#12 ·
Yes they are great guitars, and part of the allure for me is they aren't what everyone else is playing. The fit and finish is top notch and the neck is damn near perfect. I never saw the Zion on the Twelfth Fret website or else I may have considered buying it. I'm looking at another one from the states but can't decide if I want that or another jp6 or jp7.

#13 ·
Well with the new ones you should be kept busy & as a newlywed as well (At least I am assuming that front he honeymoon comment)

Enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.