The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always liked the shape of the Jazzmaster but didn't like the pickups. I was in L&M today and ran into this MIM on the used wall. Didn't realize how good and stable the JM tremolo is. I played it for at least half an hour through a Katana Artist, couldn't put it down. Not an expensive guitar but man is this thing fun to play!! That Katana was a beast as well, almost walked out with that as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
I was looking at that guitar at that L&M just the other day. Huge bang for the buck. Nice score.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
HNGD. I’ve really began liking those too. And great guitars don’t have to be expensive. Enjoy

·
Registered
247 Posts
Good luck with it. It's a whole different guitar with humbuckers.

I had a MIJ Jazzmaster that was a very good guitar, but I couldn't get along with the sound, even after I put Duncans in it. Sold. Jazzmasters and Jaguars are not for me at all.

I reviewed a Katana amp recently in Vintage Guitar. Boss shipped it to my home, I tested it, wrote the review, and decided it was a good tool for a guitarist into modeling amps at a great price...and vowed I would never buy one for myself!

Give me tubes, or give me death! (do you Canadians say tubes or valves?)

·
Premium Member
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good luck with it. It's a whole different guitar with humbuckers.

I had a MIJ Jazzmaster that was a very good guitar, but I couldn't get along with the sound, even after I put Duncans in it. Sold. Jazzmasters and Jaguars are not for me at all.

I reviewed a Katana amp recently in Vintage Guitar. Boss shipped it to my home, I tested it, wrote the review, and decided it was a good tool for a guitarist into modeling amps at a great price...and vowed I would never buy one for myself!

Give me tubes, or give me death! (do you Canadians say tubes or valves?)
Ya, it's good there are so many options. I love the thing, can't put it down. I agree on the amp though, it's cool but I have a nice tube amp and it's not going anywhere. The Artist, however, is soooo different from the regular Katana's, you'd have to try one to know what I mean. Rock on!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts