The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was a new guitar day yesterday but it's an old day now. (With apologies to Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull.)

00 body size and shape
24.9" scale
Sitka spruce top
Padauk back and sides
Tric case
Gotoh machine heads

Wandered into Josh House's booth at the Goderich Celtic Roots Festival on the weekend and tried this guitar. It sounded too mature to be new but it was. Went back and oooh'ed and aaah'ed a little, left and went back again with an expressed intention to purchase. Josh mentioned that he'd started it years ago but shelved it in the general triage of work. Maybe that's why it sounded less green than most new guitars. Anyway, I eventually gave him a cheque.

Not sure how much I need another six string acoustic, but this one is super comfortable to hold, especially given my rotator cuff issue. Lots of kick while chording and lots of clarity playing leads. Very smooth low to high. My impression is it will be a great all round guitar. The shape of the end of the fretboard was my contribution to the design of a guitar he built for me 10+ years ago, and he's used it a lot since.

Josh House is worth checking out. www.houseguitars.com

IMG_8982.jpg
IMG_8983.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slotted headstocks are fabulous
Yeah, I like them. Headstocks are never a deciding factor for me, but I've grown to like slotted ones for the angle of the buttons for tuning. I don't find them any harder to restring than paddle heads, nut contact is always good, plus they look cool.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Glad that you couldn't find A Reason for Waiting! Nothing is Easy but that beauty would ease the pain.

Reactions: Mooh

·
Premium Member
11,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Glad that you couldn't find A Reason for Waiting! Nothing is Easy but that beauty would ease the pain.
Last year I dragged my heels (figuratively) on a 12 string acoustic guitar built by another luthier friend and lived to regret it.

Make hay while the sun shines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts