The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've wanted a PRS for a while now.. But thought I'd start at the 'shallow end' of the pool.
I pick these up every time I see them in a store and love how they feel, but haven't seen one I really liked the look of yet(yes it matters!!)

So I was browsing reverb on break at work and came across this... I've always been leery of buying on reverb because of all the horror stories I've heard... ...so naturally, I make my first purchase through the site a 'big one'...

I have a feeling my other guitars are about to be severely neglected for a while...

Guitar String instrument Musical instrument String instrument Electric guitar Guitar String instrument Musical instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments Guitar String instrument Musical instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

·
Premium Member
13,350 Posts
That guitar is really a looker. Hope it plays and sounds as good as it looks/

·
Registered
12,855 Posts
it may be the shallow end of the pool as far as cost of a prs, but hot dam that's sweet looking. the differences between how those are made, and the high end ones, is very small. in a dark room, you would never know the difference. good for you man, play it loud
:)

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I'm a sucker for a spalted finish.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Very nice! I'm not one to buy a lot of guitars, I'm quite content with what I have but these PRS guitars have been tempting me for a long time. I've loved every one I've played and I think it's just a matter of time before one follows me home. ☺

·
Registered
102 Posts
This is such a beautiful instrument!!! Congratulations! I bought my first PRS 25 years ago and I still enjoy playing it as much as I did on the first day... actually even more now that I think of it!

·
Premium Member
3,812 Posts
What a nice way to use a magic piece of wood. Congrats bud.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats on your new guitar. Love the spalted top with the binding. I have over 80 transactions on reverb and never an issue. Not sure what horror stories but suspect this is over hyped.
I think you may be right. I suppose the millions of people having a good experience with Reverb will just carry on with their day, while the few that don't will make a huge deal about it. But I had heard dozens of stories from people who say they ordered something that arrived either broken, or in completely different(for the worse) condition than advertised, and they were pretty much stuck with it, with a buyer who refused to refund and no support from Reverb. From what I could gather, the consensus was that they typically side with the seller, instead of the buyer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts