The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Purolator van dropped this off yesterday, a Fender AVRI 62 Stratocaster in Sherwood green.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

I cleaned it up and put new strings on it today, and I'm really liking it so far. The original plan was not to buy anymore gear... but after I tore my acl in two I felt a need to bend the rule. This is almost better than physio.

A big thanks has to go out to Skylar at the Abbotsford Long & McQuade, usually when I call Long & McQuade and ask about the condition of a used guitar I can almost hear their eyes roll on the phone but not this time. He sent high res pictures, an accurate description of the condition, gave me a shipping quote and had me ready to go in no time flat.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Nice service story too! Congrats! Keep workin' that rehab.

Reactions: Morkolo

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like Ocean Turquoise in that picture. Very nice guitar!
I see now that I was wrong about the color, when I saw it up on Long & McQuade's used section this was the picture.

So I looked up American Vintage Stratocaster on L&M and this one came up in Sherwood green.

Which was really close to my eyes at the time. I think I'm just going to blame the pain pills at this point. If I would have looked another second I would have seen an American Elite in ocean turquoise that looked to be the exact same in color as mine. My mistake, it's a great guitar no matter what the color.

So far I'm really liking it, especially the pickups. I don't know if they're the stock ones but 1 3 and 5 sound great, especially the neck pickup. 2 and 4 don't seem to have that Mark Knopfler sound quite yet but I'll keep playing with the pickup heights. The tone of the neck pickup is so fat and punchy, I just love it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts