The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first NGD post here since this is the first guitar I've bought in almost 20 years. :)
I've been casually looking for a semi hollow replacement for my DeArmond Starfire on and off for a while now. Came across this Peavey JF1EX for sale at the Elmira guitar show this past Sunday by non other than or own Greco. :) I picked it up and gave it the once over but really had no intention of buying anything that day. Went past the table again before I left and some young guy was trying it out and was giving it some serious thought. I figured it probably sold but that was not the case. Dave offered to let me test drive it for a bit to see if it was what I'm after so I went over to his place last night to pick it up and ended up buying it. :)
Thanks Dave for the great visit and the great deal. Look forward to an afternoon of cranking it up through my gear. :)

·
Premium Member
17,331 Posts
ENJOY!!

I hope we can get together sometime and do some jamming.

Let us know how it sounds through your gear. I'm hoping that the pickups are OK for your needs.

BTW... "First guitar I've bought in almost 20 years" might be some sort of a record here!!??

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Congrats on the Peavey, looks great I bet it plays great as well...enjoy...

I still have my DeArmond Starfire , I bought at 12 fret brand new ...way back when they came out ...it was my go too guitar tell I bought a American Fender Telecaster deluxe ....

·
Registered
275 Posts
Well, if it took you that long to buy a new guitar, I'm glad you got one from a fellow forum member! Good for you and enjoy the new guitar.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Congrats... That would have caught my interest. I was sick with a cold this time around. Seems like every year something gets in my way for this show. Next year !!

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ENJOY!!

I hope we can get together sometime and do some jamming.

Let us know how it sounds through your gear. I'm hoping that the pickups are OK for your needs.

BTW... "First guitar I've bought in almost 20 years" might be some sort of a record here!!??
Spent some time putting it through it's paces on Wednesday afternoon. Sounds great through my amp! :) I can't believe how much resonance and sustain this guitar has even when it's not plugged in. The neck us pretty much what I was looking for and the pickups will work fine. They're very responsive to picking dynamics and have lots of high end snap. :) (I always worry about humbuckers sounding muddy)
And ya, I may hold the record on this forum for length of time since my last guitar purchase but in all fairness during much of that time I was playing very little and for a few years not at all. Either way I was due for something new in the stable. :)
Anyway, thanks again Dave, I think this guitar will work well for me. I'll be using it on stage in two weeks and I've got a feeling my DeArmond will be on the market soon after. :)

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Congrats on the new guitar!

·
Premium Member
11,865 Posts
And ya, I may hold the record on this forum for length of time since my last guitar purchase but in all fairness during much of that time I was playing very little and for a few years not at all. Either way I was due for something new in the stable. :)
I fully expect to go 20 years without purchasing a new guitar. On the 20th anniversary of my death. Maybe a wee bit before.

Reactions: GuitarT
1 - 13 of 13 Posts