The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New classical guitar day (yesterday).

Had been looking for a slightly more modern classical guitar that didn't break the bank and ordered this from the local mom'n'pop music shop after playing a few elsewhere. Over the years I've come to understand that I don't prefer rosewood classicals, having owned a few, so finding a mahogany one that suits me was good.

Nice fit and finish, and I like the new neck profile, heel shape, and even the nut and saddle are an improvement over the previous models. Typically I replace the nut and saddle with bone but so far these sound okay. I haven't restrung with my preferred D'Addario hard tension strings yet, but I will before I decide to change anything. No pickup, I usually get a K&K aftermarket.

Another thing I like is the fretboard seems to be ever so slightly radiused, and the edges are rolled a bit better than older models.
IMG_7142.jpg
IMG_7137.jpg

More information here:

LaPatrie Concert

·
Premium Member
17,830 Posts
WOW...I can't remember the last time I saw a NGD thread from you, if ever!

You have always been a supporter of the "quality for the value" of Godin products.

BTW...How did you manage to match the angle of the guitar to the angle of the dog's head?

ENJOY!!

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW...I can't remember the last time I saw a NGD thread from you, if ever!

You have always been a supporter of the "quality for the value" of Godin products.

BTW...How did you manage to match the angle of the guitar to the angle of the dog's head?

ENJOY!!
I'm not sure if I've done a NGD thread before or not. Maybe for last year's Godin LG with P-90s?

The photo pose is the dog's work. He's an artist in his own right. You should see what he can do with drool, it's amazing.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Congratulations on the new La Patrie. I have the Hybrid and I'm always impressed with the sound when I pick it up.

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
I too was surprised at you NGD thread. I've seen the group of guitars you have and thought you have a great selection.

Since you didn't mention right off that it was a La Patrie, I was thinking, "I wonder if he tried any La Patrie's?" Then I scrolled down. Glad you found something to your liking.

·
Registered
15,189 Posts
Cool--if I ever replaced my classical these woudl be a top contender.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Enabler alert:

I should acknowledge the contributions of Mrs. Mooh here. Knowing I was looking for such a guitar, she gave me the money for my birthday and told me not to argue about it, just to take it and go shopping. It's not the first time she has done this, but she asks for nothing, wants very little, always seems content with her lot in life, and is uncommonly generous.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts