The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had wanted to try a les Paul type guitar with p90s for a while and found this one on kijiji for about the same price as an
Epiphone.
Anyone try these before?
IMG_3254.JPG

·
Registered
467 Posts
The two biggest issues I've found with them is that the fret quality isn't great (good, but not great) and a neck that flexes a bit too easy for my taste. I found that when playing one it doesn't take much to flex the neck. I don't mean that it's going to break but if you have a firm grip it wasn't hard to affect tuning.

Granted, price-wise there's not much to complain about.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
I've not played one, if that helps.

But Congratulations! Looks like fun!

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The two biggest issues I've found with them is that the fret quality isn't great (good, but not great) and a neck that flexes a bit too easy for my taste. I found that when playing one it doesn't take much to flex the neck. I don't mean that it's going to break but if you have a firm grip it wasn't hard to affect tuning.

Granted, price-wise there's not much to complain about.
Yea the frets don't seem great. I will probably replace them at some point. That's an easy $15 fix.
I don't find anything too bad about the neck but I also am not super heavy handed when playing.
Pricewise it was the same amount as everyone seems to list epi les Paul's.
Bonus is that the guy who had it bought it new to learn to play and never did. It still has the same strings from when he got it a couple years ago, and they still sound ok.

·
Registered
14,921 Posts
Cool, enjoy

·
Premium Member
17,189 Posts
Give it a setup and let it do the thing.

Those have a thin finish, right? Should look cool once you log some hours.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts