The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people, it’s been a while since my last post around here...Today i bought a Japanese Strat from ‘80’s (E serial number) at a deal price! I was on the hunt for a cheap side player grade Strat for awhile and i think i found what i was looking for. First, it’s olympic white with rosewood fretboard(The best colour scheme imo)....The Oly white is yellowed/cream just like i love and the overall is naturally relic’ed! It seems to being an original Strat with a floyd, but the bridge was changed and the string lock on the top of the neck removed....The present bridge seems to be installed a tricky way, but the guitar feels really good, intonate well and rings like a bell despite the weird way the bridge is for now! I will give a good try to the axe through my amps soon and see if i keep it like this for now or bring it to the tech for a fix!

Here’s the only picture i have for now...I’ll send more as soon as possible.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Looks great, nice dark board.

I had an MIJ E serial too, but an '87 I believe, a Contemporary model.
It had a bunch of oddball features, two knobs, side jack, cam locking nut and the hideous Stage III bridge.
The bridge was really the only reason that I moved it, otherwise it was a nice guitar.

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had a little time to try it through my Marshall JCM800 and my TopHat ClubRoyale and the Strat already sounds glorious and rings like a bell....I can't imagine how it will sound and feel after the fixes will be done! Here's some new pictures btw
Guitar Musical instrument String instrument String instrument Electric guitar

Guitar String instrument Musical instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments
White Guitar Electric guitar Plucked string instruments String instrument
Guitar String instrument Bass guitar Electric guitar String instrument

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Congrats...love MIJ/CIJ stuff. You could rent out the bathroom floor for guitar beauty shots or maybe start a little side photography business of your own!:)

Reactions: corailz

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got the Strat back from the tech to swap the cheap no name bridge for a real American Fender one and install it correctly! The guitar screams, rings like a bell and has crazy sustain and unbelievable tuning stability!!!The tech did a frickin’ good job.
I didn’t pulled out the pickguard, so i have no idea what the electronic is, but it feels tight and smooth, it is quiet and sounds really great so i will keep it like this. The Strat sounds crazy throught the Marshall JCM800, but IMO , it shines throught the Vox AC30 and the Tophat ClubRoyale.
It seems finally that i really like Japanese axes as 3 out of my 4 electric guitars are MIJ.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Congrats. I have owned two of these in the past and could kick myself for selling them. Great players and look extra cool

1 - 18 of 18 Posts