The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to me '81 Tokai LS50. Just cleaning it up a bit prior to a set up and I need to fix the output jack but she is in surprisingly good condition for a 36 year old guitar. Thanks to @hedzup for the trade.

Yes I will be removing the pickguard :)

·
Super Moderator
15,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice score Dave. Are the pickups Dimarzios'? BTW....I like the pick guard.;)

Congrats and enjoy!
Haven't had them out yet but I believe they are stock, possibly Gotoh? I'll check later.

Guess I'm gonna have to buy some face paint.

·
Premium Member
13,012 Posts
Love the plain-top burst over a flame anytime,... but preferably not cherry for me.

Reactions: davetcan

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
That's a nice guitar I love a Tokai plain top.

I don't see a centre seam in the top, I have an '82 and an '84, same model and colour as yours, both have 2pc centre seam solid tops, 2 pc tops is the norm and not always centre seam on LS50's and 60's.

Your top looks to be 1 piece, wonder if it's solid 1 pc or maybe a 1 pc veneer over solid, neither of which I've noticed on 1980's LS50 models before...

Anyway nice score I'm sure your going to like it, pups sound fine to me, I've never thought about changing them... maybe take a close up pic of the pup cavity walls to see how it's made.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Nice addition. I agree on the pickguard. Whoever thought of putting such an ugly one on a guitar had no artistry in his genes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts