The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My recent search for a new acoustic has ended as I pulled the trigger on a Yamaha LL6 earlier today.

Compared to the Seagulls I had been looking at, and every other guitar I tried in its price range, this Yamaha came out on top. I was surprised at how much I liked it because I had always had a stupid prejudice against Yamahas thanks to their lower end models, but this one is in another league entirely. Oh, and it is loud - this thing is a canon but retains a very well balanced sound and isn't too boomy like some acoustics can be. I couldn't be happier with the purchase.

It came with a hard gig bag but I talked the store into keeping that, which they did and credited me $48 towards a deluxe acoustic case that was on sale for $79. So before taxes, the guitar and case only ran me $730.

Here are some quick pics (I'll take better pics of the back tomorrow, these ones are ruined by the light and camera flash reflecting off of the guitar and making it look like it is marked up):

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VHz53Y]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/VHz4Xh]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WJMyYd]
[/url][/url][/url]

·
Premium Member
17,548 Posts
Congrats!

Mrs. Greco got me an LS6 M for my birthday in June. (I actually bought it through Kijiji and she thought it could be a nice gift from her...DEAL!!..LOL).
Admittedly, I am a total pain to buy gifts for and this was a perfect solution for her.

Your new LL6 looks beautiful. Superb looking back!

ENJOY!

Cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Great choice! I've had an LL6 and an LL16 and both punch way above their weight.
The LL6 withstood a lot of bar tours and sounded even better due to the adventure.
Congratulations!

·
Registered
9,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Great choice! I've had an LL6 and an LL16 and both punch way above their weight.
The LL6 withstood a lot of bar tours and sounded even better due to the adventure.
Congratulations!

Thanks.

The reptilian part of my brain was thinking that maybe I should consider the all wood version, the LL16 you had. I gave it some thought and managed to shut that part of my brain up when I considered the extra care that is needed for an all wood guitar and the extra $200+ that it would cost.

And when I played my new LL6 the first couple of nights, all of those thoughts went right out of my head. This thing is just great - it is loud as a canon, sounds beautiful (it has a very balanced sound and maintains note definition even under heavy strumming), is very responsive (I have never had an acoustic on which you could so easily alter the tone simply by using different picks), is very resonant (the amount of vibration you can feel through the neck surprised me at first), and plays like a dream.

I have never been able to play acoustics worth a shit but this one is a breeze to play. One of the reasons I wanted an acoustic was as a practice tool. If I could learn to play one of them properly, cleanly, and precisely then when I switched over to my Tele it should be a breeze to play. The problem is that this Yammie is so easy to play that it kind of defeats the purpose! It is by far the easiest to play acoustic I've ever experienced. Hell, it is easier to play than some electrics I've tried! And it hasn't even had its initial setup yet, it plays this way right out of the box.

You don't get rid of a guitar like that - not even for an upgraded version of the same model - you just don't.

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
Cool--enjoy!

Reactions: colchar
1 - 16 of 16 Posts