The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had been looking for a strat copy just to part out, and I came across this old Maya strat copy for 100 bucks.
I don't know much about it, I mainly wanted the hotrail pickup.
Im unsure whether i should part or clean up and fix.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
662 Posts
It looks like a pretty sweet guitar for $100. Never heard of the brand before, but if it plays alright I'd clean it up and play it as is.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I love the aged look of the neck...I would clean it up and play it....has a Hendrix vibe about it.

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
A 70's Japanese strat copy for $100, nice score, can we see some more pics, backside, trem block - maybe we can even id the factory if we can see whats under the guard...

L

·
0 Posts
Heck, the hotrail is 1/2 the guitar's worth.
As the other's stated, clean 'er up and have fun.

·
Premium Member
4,474 Posts
That neck tint is amazing from the pics. I hate off white maple necks

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The tremolo is either changed or moved.. or both. I think it will require a replacement. I feel like it has a replaced tremolo that had to be moved further back to keep the scale length right.
I really only bought it for the pick up and then additional parts but i htink it will be my project for in between my guitar build days that i can work on at home.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A 70's Japanese strat copy for $100, nice score, can we see some more pics, backside, trem block - maybe we can even id the factory if we can see whats under the guard...
I will likely be into it tomorrow morning unless I have a chance to go finish some more of what I'm building.

·
Premium Member
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well that was short lived. I decided it would make an equally good Father's Day gift as it would a project.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts