The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I stopped into my local guitar shop for some Tele bits and wound up buying a new Yamaha Revstar 820CR instead...

The fit/finish is impeccable and the tone terrific; better than my last Les Paul. Sustain for days

The range seems to be very good value, and for those in the GTA, Kaos Music has a special buy going on a batch of them, with some really great prices - special thanks to Lou for setting it up just the way I like it

Guitar String instrument Musical instrument String instrument Electric guitar

·
Premium Member
27,770 Posts
Reviews have generally been positive, and very complimentary.

Handsome instrument. Use it in the best of health.

·
Registered
13,372 Posts
i have a buddy who has played a guitar just like that for decades and could care less that other guitars exist at all. he likes it that much. good for you

·
Registered
18,595 Posts
Simple layout with a bit of style. I like how the pickguard is contoured in the shape of the body and the tone controls are not those cheap looking plastics you see on most guitars today. It also comes is a steel rust colour which is a dark red. (for Cheezyridr)

·
Premium Member
2,457 Posts
love the aesthetic of this fiddle. Been seeing some very cool versions on instagram.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Awesome...I'd like to hear how you like it. May pick up the version with the bigsby at some point.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
MSRP is around ~$2400 CAD, but with the promo I paid just over $1100 including HST.

They have a couple of the RevStar 420s (one red, one blue), which are only $429 on special, and they're a ton of guitar for the money

·
Registered
12,873 Posts
There is, or was a 420 for sale here locally on Kijiji for $400.
Unused apparently, won in a contest.

I like these a lot, great looking guitar, congrats!

·
Premium Member
12,249 Posts
Looks sharp, and my kind of control preference too. I've also always liked the trinity of tuning forks symbol.

·
Premium Member
8,834 Posts
I played a Yamaha like that at cosmo. Couldn't belive the weight of it.

It was $5k or $6k and was blinged out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts