The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few months ago, I went into my local shop and they had a Daphne Blue Xotic S guitar up for grabs. Played it for a bit and was pleaseantly surprised. The rep. at Kaos Music mentioned that they were the only Canadian dealer for Xotic guitars. A few days passed and decided to place an order with the following specs:

* Dakota Red
* PAF type humbucker in the bridge
* jumbo frets
* 12" radius
* light or no relicing

i was quoted 6 months and 3 months before the due date, got an email that the guitar was on its way.

Picked it up tonight and superb guitar. Highly resonant,~7.5 lbs, the single coils are super quiet. The pickups are wound at the shop in California and worth noting that the guitars are hand built. The back of the neck is flamey, roasted maple, and the carve is stellar - slightly bigger neck carve than the guitar I tried in store which is perfect for me.

Just a great guitar - Kaos has a couple in stock and worth giving it a spin. Some of my favorite players including Dean Brown, Oz Noy and Allen Hinds play Xotic guitars.

A couple glam shots from the shop featuring amp builder Lou Roppoli (doing his best Zoolander......)

IMG_9263.JPG
IMG_9264.JPG
View attachment 217284

·
Premium Member
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lovely. How does it compare to something like a Suhr? A bit more vintage?
I haven't played a Suhr S in a while and can't really say. There is only one Suhr S that grabbed me and it was a friend's.. I am a big fan of Suhr's T model.

The pickups are low output and sound great. They are the '60's single coil (they also offer 50's with slightly less output).

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
That looks great, congratulations on the new Xotic. I haven't played one personally but really liked the demo video Brent Mason did with one a few years back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts