The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did I post this here yet? I have been plastering all over the net. A new guitar day is exciting. I am really enjoying this one.

2004 USA Peavey Wolfgang Custom Special Deluxe. Been sitting in the case for about 8-9 years. I bought it off a friend who bought it new. It's fun to crank out the songs of my teen years. I used to woodshed for 4-5 hours a night, 4-5 days a week. Trying to master EVH licks from about 1985 to 1989. I sure wish I had this guitar then.
This is a well built guitar. 15"radius was different at first. It took a bit to adjust now I like it. Changing things up here recently with the higher gain licks at home. Having a blast. The best part is the renewed passion that a new piece of gear can bring. I have been getting literally nothing done since I brought this guitar home. Tons of play time already.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Nice I have a Standard. The Peavey’s are great Wolfgangs. I’ve never seen a neck like than on a Peavy Wolfgang. What is it?

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’ve never seen a neck like than on a Peavy Wolfgang. What is it?
I don't know. Maybe someone who knows more about these will comment here. It's lighter than Rosewood.

Here it is with a couple of Strats I own. The Wolfgang is the lighter brown. Then there's my
Maple and Rosewood Strats. Maybe some type of light Rosewood?

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
I don't know. Maybe someone who knows more about these will comment here. It's lighter than Rosewood.

Here it is with a couple of Strats I own. The Wolfgang is the lighter brown. Then there's my
Maple and Rosewood Strats. Maybe some type of light Rosewood?

I'm guessing a lighter cut of RW or its Pau Ferro.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
That’s pretty dramatic quilt!

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice...Jack goes on to say after he used his new EVH:

It seems fair to say the whole process was an eye-opener for White.

"Oh, my God," he says. "If people only knew how hard it was on these shitty guitars… because I didn't know!"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts