The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_20181114_064941.jpg

Two 2018 fender player series HSS strats for the next album cycle. Gonna JB them both and get out there.

May try and turn those into 2-knob pickguards... black PG may be overkill with the maple board but that's future musings.

If you're surprised by this, we are a Fender band again ;) (the S2 will live at home).

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
JB is Jeff Beck,... right???

·
Registered
968 Posts
The maple necks are a departure from your usual PRS, correct?

Any particular reason why and why 2 maple and not one rosewood?

Nonetheless, looking pretty cool!

·
Premium Member
17,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JB is Jeff Beck,... right???
Pretty sure! Haha

The maple necks are a departure from your usual PRS, correct?

Any particular reason why and why 2 maple and not one rosewood?

Nonetheless, looking pretty cool!
They don't actually do rosewood anymore, it's pau ferro. They're identical (for now) so that switching doesn't really matter. One will have the covered JB, one will have double black. Perhaps some more differentiators as we go on ;).

Reactions: StratCat

·
Premium Member
17,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don’t think so. That was the commonly held belief but I read somewhere (possibly here) that JB was not Jeff Beck but maybe something like Jazz Blues.

I could be wrong.
Morning googling states that it is meant for Jazz/blues, but Jeff Beck had the first one. So there's some overlap haha.

Last time I had a strat in this band, I had JB/pearly gates in my guitars.

·
Premium Member
17,033 Posts
View attachment 231536

Two 2018 fender player series HSS strats for the next album cycle. Gonna JB them both and get out there.

May try and turn those into 2-knob pickguards... black PG may be overkill with the maple board but that's future musings.

If you're surprised by this, we are a Fender band again ;) (the S2 will live at home).
Congratulations on the endorsement.

·
Premium Member
17,816 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!

Very nice Strats and wonderful that Fender is endorsing you.
Seems like you are well covered for black Strats for your video shoot.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
black PG may be overkill with the maple board
All black with a maple board would look awesome... totally 70’s vibe. And while I’m not a huge fan of “none more black” I think the maple board would steer it away from that just enough to be really cool. :)

·
Premium Member
17,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats on the new deal and Strats. Will there be a Tele in the near future?
Dan has his teles already haha.

All black with a maple board would look awesome... totally 70’s vibe. And while I’m not a huge fan of “none more black” I think the maple board would steer it away from that just enough to be really cool. :)
I like none more black more though haha. 70's vibe isnt quite my bag. Also thinking primer grey.

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Black body, white three layer pickguard, TINTED maple neck. Can't beat it.

·
Premium Member
5,877 Posts
The Squire Vintage Mod Strats come factory all black + maple. It's a sharp look on those.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts