The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unbelievable.

A milestone birthday gift from my amazing friend and guitar hero Dave, who lives in Vancouver.

2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded. My first Gibson and it is cool!

He picked it out at a L&M and had them ship it to London. My wife picked it up and I had no idea what I was opening that morning. WOW!!

Dave is the best and his friendship is and always has been the best gift of all. I am so fortunate.

"I, wanna Rock n Roll all night, and party everyday"!

And thank you Lola for the birthday wishes and nudge to post the NGD! You Rock!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Nice. I like those LPs and have nearly bought one on a few occasions now.

A high school buddy of mine had that exact amp. I used to go to his place to jam, and he'd play through that while I borrowed his old Garnet. good times.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Nice! Enjoy!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Its great hearing stories like this! You are indeed a lucky man to have friends and family like that. I had a friend make a similar gesture a few years ago and it leaves you lost for words. Enjoy and happy birthday!

Reactions: StratCat

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, nice to see that your wife and best friend got that evil plan to surprise you! :)

Actually, my wife has been putting pressure on me to downsize! I think this was a bit difficult for her but there was no way she could do other. In the spirit of giving and "right" sizing, I will be donating a nice Strat to Guitars for Vets this weekend.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Unbelievable.

A milestone birthday gift from my amazing friend and guitar hero Dave, who lives in Vancouver.

2016 Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded. My first Gibson and it is cool!

He picked it out at a L&M and had them ship it to London. My wife picked it up and I had no idea what I was opening that morning. WOW!!

Dave is the best and his friendship is and always has been the best gift of all. I am so fortunate.

"I, wanna Rock n Roll all night, and party everyday"!

And thank you Lola for the birthday wishes and nudge to post the NGD! You Rock!
What year is your Mesa mines a 79 mk2a

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What year is your Mesa mines a 79 mk2a

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Studio Series Mesa is likely a 1985. The printed circuit board is stamped with a copyright date of 1985 and the serial number is a low 3 digit number.

The LP Studio sounds fantastic through the Boogie.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
The Studio Series Mesa is likely a 1985. The printed circuit board is stamped with a copyright date of 1985 and the serial number is a low 3 digit number.

The LP Studio sounds fantastic through the Boogie.
Cool . Old boogies are leepers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,225 Posts
No, this is a leaper

upload_2017-4-6_8-44-50.jpeg

and old Boogies are a well known quantity for anyone paying attention. I played through my first Boogie in early 1980 and knew then that they were something special. Most of the players I know have similar opinions. Even the Marshall guys, who still bitch about 'too many knobs'. LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts