The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think John Mayer is behind me not letting go. I can't believe he may be my favourite current guitar player. If you'd have told me that when is first single came out, I would have jersey'd you.

Anyway, I've tried/owned a lot of strats with my favourites probably being the partscasters that Capsule Music make (you can literally try them up against a 60s/70s/80s/90s strats at one time and actually feel for yourself. Thing is that they rarely have them in stock - they sell fast (although I believe they do have one there now).

I've wanted to own a Dano for a while, so I'm hoping that this will be my number two. As with a bunch of other gear, it doesn't arrive until closer to christmas. @King Loudness helped me seal the deal, since buying strats is out of my comfort zone and he's a danoholic (thanks again, Will)

h1xvi5rzg6t3u4idm8xc.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 9.38.45 AM.png

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
863 Posts
I might be as excited as you are to see this one, hah. There are so few Danos in Canada that it's like a child arriving when one does appear. I would love to have another Dano S at some point; had a burgundy mist with binding and a vintage radius that I sold in order to fund the Tele he built me, but like yourself, I'm not usually one to keep Strats, so I err on the side of just having a thinline Tele built for my next one from him.

W.

·
Premium Member
17,329 Posts
Congrats! There is something magical about these Danos. I had their calendar one year as a gift from a friend.
It had beautiful pics of many Dano strats and teles.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
How pretty is that. Congrats you lucky bugger. That is my all time favourite colour. For what its worth, i think Mr Mayer is one the finest signer players out there.

·
Premium Member
8,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I might be as excited as you are to see this one, hah. There are so few Danos in Canada that it's like a child arriving when one does appear. I would love to have another Dano S at some point; had a burgundy mist with binding and a vintage radius that I sold in order to fund the Tele he built me, but like yourself, I'm not usually one to keep Strats, so I err on the side of just having a thinline Tele built for my next one from him.

W.
Do you have pics of that Strat?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,114 Posts
That looks crazy awesome. Congrats chuck!

Reactions: Adcandour

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts
I like it. I have also had a hard time falling in love with a Strat and I’ve had a few of them. I’ve been contemplating going to Warmoth as I’m happy with my Tele I built with their parts. That way, I can get a short scale and a fatter neck profile.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts
I think John Mayer is behind me not letting go. I can't believe he may be my favourite current guitar player. If you'd have told me that when is first single came out, I would have jersey'd you.

I keep trying Strats but just can't stick with them. When it comes to Fenders, I far prefer Teles.

I've thought a couple of times recently about trying a Strat again but, unlike in the past, I held off and am glad that I did. But if this thread puts the notion in my head again and I actually follow through with it I'm going to jersey you.

·
Registered
5,492 Posts
I keep trying Strats but just can't stick with them. When it comes to Fenders, I far prefer Teles.

I've thought a couple of times recently about trying a Strat again but, unlike in the past, I held off and am glad that I did. But if this thread puts the notion in my head again and I actually follow through with it I'm going to jersey you.
I'm the same way (Tele vs Strat ) but I have to keep a Strat around at all times. When I want one, nothing else will satisfy the craving. There's just something about the tone of a good strat

·
Premium Member
4,279 Posts

Funny, I’m the opposite. My Télé doesn’t get as much play time. Check out he Greg Koch video on Anderton’s TV. He loves Télés.

·
Premium Member
11,863 Posts
A strat will never be my #1*, but only an S-type will do what they do. Thus I have absolutely no plans to ever have a strat with humbuckers or P90s or anything else, because you lose that strat sound. Lots of other guitars I prefer to play more that have hb's or P90s. Strats are for that great strat sound.

*possibly partially because it seems 8 out of 10 guys gigging or at a jam are playing a strat.

Reactions: Adcandour
1 - 20 of 41 Posts