The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG_1220.JPG
I have not bought a 'new' instrument in about 4 years and try not to but i could not find a used guitar that i was looking for until this morning at L+M. 72 Re-issue Thinline Tele with humbuckers !!! This is a big deal for me as i dont play anything with HB pickups. It will be a welcome addition for doing some CCR and Beatles tunes we are working on. It was 609.00 plus taxes and was told that they will match price anything i find in Canada for less for a period of 30 days and also if i am not satisfied will exchange it within that time period.
Band practice in about one hour so gonna put her through the pace.
Pics will be up shortly.

Oh, if you guys and gals see one that is cheaper in Canada, please let me know so i can show them. I was told it must be from a business, not Amazon etc...

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Congrats and enjoy!

Maybe not US amazon but they have matched amazon.ca for me on a purchase or two.

·
Premium Member
10,931 Posts
Congratulations. You should like it. The design and layout are nice, two humbuckers, single volume and tone, one switch, comfortable weight. Mine's made in Mexico, got it at the Kingston Guitar Shop. The eventual plan is to upgrade the pickups but the stock ones aren't bad, just not true WRHBs.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations. You should like it. The design and layout are nice, two humbuckers, single volume and tone, one switch, comfortable weight. Mine's made in Mexico, got it at the Kingston Guitar Shop. The eventual plan is to upgrade the pickups but the stock ones aren't bad, just not true WRHBs.
Thanks buddy. I had a good practice and its perfect for what i need. I will upgrade the pots, switch in a few months. The pickups are okey for now.

·
Premium Member
13,020 Posts
What the pickups sound like? Are they a little more mid-scooped than your average Humbucker??

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I have always been drawn to the Thinline. Nice grab.

As for the price, I have a business and could advertise one for $50.00 for ya! :) Yep, I'm kidding.

Reactions: marcos

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What the pickups sound like? Are they a little more mid-scooped than your average Humbucker??
I am no expert on pickups but they are nice and 'jangly' for lack of a better word. Think about the rythm guitar in CCR and sort of sounds like that.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If this is a MIM, you got a great deal!! FYI, pull those HBs and send them to Brandonwound Pickups for a rebuild to more vintage WRHB specs -- its $90 USD per and you won't believe the difference! I have a rebuild in my 72 Custom RI; IMHO its pretty darn close to an original WRHB that will set you back a few hundred $$.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If this is a MIM, you got a great deal!! FYI, pull those HBs and send them to Brandonwound Pickups for a rebuild to more vintage WRHB specs -- its $90 USD per and you won't believe the difference! I have a rebuild in my 72 Custom RI; IMHO its pretty darn close to an original WRHB that will set you back a few hundred $$.
Its a MIC but still good quality build. Everything fits well and no issues. Thanks for the info ion the pickups. I am still in the honeymoon phase and time will tell

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well, two band practices and a one gig later, i do believe i will be keeping this one for awhile. Nice and light easy on the shoulders.

·
Premium Member
4,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All I can think to say is that's one fuckin' cool tele.
Thanks buddy. The bass player who was onboard last night with us said all it needed was a few cigarettes burns, some spilled beer and some belt buckle rash. I kind of agree with him. I will upgrade it for sure as time goes by.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts