The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Now,... Just because the guitar is his size, doesn't meant the amp has to be. Maybe start him off with a Marshall double stack?
We’re gonna see if we can find something at the Boxing Day sale. In the meantime, we could plug into my Marshall if we need to. But first we’ll have to have some lessons :D

He wanted an electric guitar, but I’m not sure he really understood how much of a challenge it will be to play. I suspect he’ll grow into it over the course of the year.

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
1,077 Posts
Congratulations. My Dad drove across town to buy me one of these when I was 5 years old and from what I understand it was the last one in the city at the time. It was a fantastic present and really served me well through the years that followed.

W.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts
Guitar? Check.
Jimi Hendrix pants? Check.
Rock face and pose? Check.

The kid is ready! Get him makin' some money.

So cool.

·
Registered
15,763 Posts
Likes it?
I think he loves it.

I go my first guitar for Christmas--and had a similar reaction...

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
4,348 Posts
Good move. He’ll thank you for it in years to come imo.

I got my 3yr old an electric two pu strat mij branded maya.

I open tune it. The intonation and tuning is the main challenge . It’s a fun guitar tho. Merry Christmas.

·
Premium Member
18,596 Posts
We’re gonna see if we can find something at the Boxing Day sale. In the meantime, we could plug into my Marshall if we need to. But first we’ll have to have some lessons :D

He wanted an electric guitar, but I’m not sure he really understood how much of a challenge it will be to play. I suspect he’ll grow into it over the course of the year.
Grab the $1500 hiwatt lead 100 halfstack at pauls boutique. Get him started properly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts