The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,089 Posts
Nice, congrats!

Is that a Deluxe, or was the bridge just swapped out?
Looks like a two tone burst, my faves.

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Congrats - Sweet Tele!

Reactions: marcos

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
Very good find and the two tone with the white pickguard looks great. Tele's are my favourite solid body.

·
Registered
12,098 Posts
Neither... it's a '98... bent steel saddles weren't introduced until like 2008 I think...
only looking for clarification

the pictured guitar does not have bent/stamped steel saddles, correct?

are the pictured ones considered machined? stainless steel?

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
And finally, a proper Tele bridge and ashtray .....

upload_2018-6-14_9-14-59.jpeg

;)

Reactions: StratCat

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
Block saddles:

bent steel saddles:
I wonder with the block saddles, what if any difference they would make. I like the look better than the open style. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wonder with the block saddles, what if any difference they would make. I like the look better than the open style. Any thoughts?
I actually like the brass barrel saddles or the stamped bent over ones cause of the vintage look. The intonation is better on the six saddle model though. I cant hear the difference between all of them but i am sure there is.

·
Registered
12,098 Posts
I actually like the brass barrel saddles or the stamped bent over ones cause of the vintage look. The intonation is better on the six saddle model though. I cant hear the difference between all of them but i am sure there is.
The block ones are also easier on the hands if you palm mute or move your strumming around a lot. I like the American Standard Tele bridge when it comes to six saddles but not the Mexican version. I'm not sure exactly why but I do and I swap them out on my guitars for whatever I haven't tried and looks interesting. I'm pretty sure I have eight different Tele bridges going at the moment.

MIA

MIM

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Turns out that the Duncan Seymour is a humbucker? Not sure if i am gonna keep the HB yet. Find out after my gig tonight.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
I have the same bridge saddles on my 2000 American Deluxe Nashville B-bender Telecaster. Mine are supposed to be brass under the chrome.

My 2012 American Deluxe Telecaster has chrome over brass on 5 out of 6 saddles. One started peeling shortly after getting the guitar.

Both sound as good as any keeper Tele in my horde.

I have a recent MIM Standard Telecaster. I have been told by some who have played it, that they prefer the tone and overall sound it generates with the stock components. That is, in contrast to my American Telecasters. I think it has a great vibe with the Standard six saddles.

Telecaster genre guitars seem to consistently have a special something, despite price point. Although, it each individual guitar may have strengths and weaknesses depending on what I am trying to achieve; hence the reason for owning multiples. I still have not found one that does it all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts