The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last several months, I've been looking for a cheap-ish parlour with 14 frets to the body and decent intonation that I could feel comfortable taking in a canoe. I think I found what I've been looking for:

It's a Tanglewood TW173, solid cedar top, mahogany back. Intonation is good, sounds quite nice (even with tired strings on it), and the action might even be a bit low for me. The mismatched bridge pins will be replaced and I may remove the pick guard, which isn't really to my taste.

I'll replace the strings (and maybe move up a gauge) as soon as I can pick up some replacement bridge pins - hopefully later this week.

Surprisingly, the scale is longer than my S&P dread, and the nut is a bit narrower, but I haven't had any trouble adapting to the different dimensions. It also has a full sized soundhole, so if I ever need to go electric, I can pop in one of my soundhole pick-ups.

So far, I'm pretty happy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried to buy that very guitar a few weeks ago, but never heard back from the seller.. Now I know why! :) Happy NGD!

It ticked lots of boxes for what I've been looking for: small body, 14-fret, natural finish, bound neck and cheap! Glad to hear it's a nice guitar.

(Let me know if you get bored of it!)

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to buy that very guitar a few weeks ago, but never heard back from the seller.. Now I know why! :) Happy NGD!

It ticked lots of boxes for what I've been looking for: small body, 14-fret, natural finish, bound neck and cheap! Glad to hear it's a nice guitar.

(Let me know if you get bored of it!)
I had my eye on it, for a couple of months - surprised it didn't sell. I even tried to see it a month before I actually bought it, but the seller wasn't available. Did you text or call? He answered his phone every time I called, but the one time I texted him, he never got back to me.

I've never sold a guitar in my life, but you never know...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts