The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, got my new guitar today thanks to Keto (thanks again sir). Beautiful guitar for sure, plays like butter all the way up the neck with zero buzz, action at 1.4mm low E and 1mm high e. No SCC on this one but even with my Marshall #34 patch (AX8) I get zero noise on the single coils (ML's and SSV bridge), pretty impressive, not sure if they are stacks or what but they are dead silent. Tremolo is super stable and it holds tune great. Overall a nice axe. Not sure it's a keeper yet but I'll know by the end of the weekend. I absolutely love my Custom Shop Washburn Idol and this sounds nothing like it, as expected but maybe too much different. We shall see.

By the way, the gig bag is the sh!t!! Killer for sure.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Yeah, I and my son both played the guitar over the weekend it was here, outstanding build & fretwork, maybe best I've ever handled. Didn't plug it in, just noodled with it a few minutes, but great feeling too.

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Pretty sure those are conventional passive pickups & what you’re (not) hearing is thanks to the SSC.

Suhr’s silent system is spectacular (say that quickly 5X) - - I used to live <100m from a hydro corridor. EVERYTHING hummed in my apt., except for my Suhr. The best part is that the tone was unchanged when the SSC was engaged.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pretty sure those are conventional passive pickups & what you’re (not) hearing is thanks to the SSC.

Suhr’s silent system is spectacular (say that quickly 5X) - - I used to live <100m from a hydro corridor. EVERYTHING hummed in my apt., except for my Suhr. The best part is that the tone was unchanged when the SSC was engaged.
No SSC, emailed Suhr with the serial number and they confirmed it. I would have said there was as well because it's dead quiet but......

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Congrats!

So that's an S2? I had an S1, what would the difference be I wonder?
I really like the control layout on those, nice guitar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts