The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When this 59 Vintage Thin Skin Strat in Sonic Blue popped up here a short while ago, it immediately fired up my GAS. The thin skin finish, the chunkier neck, the 6105 frets and the 9.5” radius all combine to make this the closest thing to my ideal Strat spec. I also got to meet @62BlackStrat who was a great guy and we had a nice chat over a coffee while geeking out a bit about guitars and gear. GC scores another!

Anyway, I think I’m set for guitars for the time being :D

Now I’m just having trouble deciding whether to play the Strat or the Gretsch (I’m alternating).

C40ADBEA-98B4-4F4C-B88A-9ED5E292474A.jpeg

My guitar wall is full! Maybe I need a bigger wall?

6A397CEE-B568-4A3A-8B95-CC00C42D6735.jpeg

·
Premium Member
17,183 Posts
That PRS is gonna need a different wall to hang on soon :p

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
17,183 Posts
I need more walls :D

I don’t think my wife would appreciate me taking over any more walls for guitars.
I have a jamspace you may be able to store some guitars at...

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Maybe look into a Hercules 5 Guitar stand? Doesn't look as nice as hanging on the wall I'll admit.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Noice.

How did you anchor the hangers to the wall? I snagged a bunch on Black Friday with the intention of clearing some floor space in my smallish music room.

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe look into a Hercules 5 Guitar stand? Doesn't look as nice as hanging on the wall I'll admit.
Floor space is at even more of a premium than wall space in our place. We need to move.

I have a jamspace you may be able to store some guitars at...
Very generous :D

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Noice.

How did you anchor the hangers to the wall? I snagged a bunch on Black Friday with the intention of clearing some floor space in my smallish music room.
They’re anchored in the plaster with screws and plugs. I know it’s not recommended, but our walls are old and there are no studs. They’re solid and I check them periodically. The ones on the left side of that photo have been there for a long time and show no signs of movement or coming loose.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
When this 59 Vintage Thin Skin Strat in Sonic Blue popped up here a short while ago, it immediately fired up my GAS. The thin skin finish, the chunkier neck, the 6105 frets and the 9.5” radius all combine to make this the closest thing to my ideal Strat spec. I also got to meet @62BlackStrat who was a great guy and we had a nice chat over a coffee while geeking out a bit about guitars and gear. GC scores another!

Anyway, I think I’m set for guitars for the time being :D

Now I’m just having trouble deciding whether to play the Strat or the Gretsch (I’m alternating).

View attachment 154697

My guitar wall is full! Maybe I need a bigger wall?

View attachment 154705
I will help you out. Pm sent with my shipping address. I'll take the Gretsch off your hands so you'll have more room. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts