The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found. Squier CV Jazzmaster for a decent price. I was shooting for one in Arctic White as a counterpoint to my all black Jag, but Sonic Blue will do fine.

I just set it up with 11 gauge Chromes. Surf‘s up!

·
Premium Member
18,003 Posts
Congrats! The only thing stopping me from havinf 3 of these is the slimmer neck haha.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought a CV 50's Strat last month and I absolutely love it! Ditched the Fender Am Pro I had bought for it. Maybe I'll give the Jazzmaster a shot as well. I like hearing it has a slim neck, because chunkiness is the main reason why I've hated every single JM I've ever played.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
I love the whole classic vibe lineup but the jazz master is my favorite looking one of the bunch. My bandmate has the same one and he absolutely loves his too. Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I love the whole classic vibe lineup but the jazz master is my favorite looking one of the bunch. My bandmate has the same one and he absolutely loves his too. Enjoy!
I actually have four Squiers now - my Standard tele, a Vintage Modified P bass, and the CV Jag and Jazzmaster.

·
Premium Member
17,935 Posts
I love the offset shape!

I've ordered a Jazzmaster / Strat mash-up body from Nieman Guitars.

It will have a Strat neck pocket and trem cavity and be routed for H-S-S and rear mounted controls (no pickguard) and an edge mounted output jack. I guess looks is where the similarity between it and a Jazzmaster or Jaguar ends.

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought a CV 50's Strat last month and I absolutely love it! Ditched the Fender Am Pro I had bought for it. Maybe I'll give the Jazzmaster a shot as well. I like hearing it has a slim neck, because chunkiness is the main reason why I've hated every single JM I've ever played.
I certainly wouldn’t class it as chunky in any way.

·
Premium Member
18,003 Posts
Yeah jazzmasters from a lot of companies are generally 60s C necks 83-93 if that. Too slim for me haha.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
I just bought a 70's CV Strat and think its quite a good guitar. The only thing I'm really wanting to swap out is the shitty tremolo, and mostly because of the screw in arm. I know there's work arounds to the floppiness but I'd rather have a push-in arm.

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just bought a 70's CV Strat and think its quite a good guitar. The only thing I'm really wanting to swap out is the shitty tremolo, and mostly because of the screw in arm. I know there's work arounds to the floppiness but I'd rather have a push-in arm.
is it 6 screw, or 2? I really like the two point trems Wilkinson makes. They have push in arms, and an allen set screw to really snug it up.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
is it 6 screw, or 2? I really like the two point trems Wilkinson makes. They have push in arms, and an allen set screw to really snug it up.
6 screw. I just bought an Aumsen with a nice full size brass block and push in arm. Looking forward to swapping it in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts