The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always admired the Art Deco style though and they were spoken of quite glowingly on the Interwebs. Bought from a fellow Canadian out west. It's really quite beautiful in the flesh (just got it from the Canada Post outlet at the office). Plugged it into my little office amp and....sonic goodness. Looking forward to playing this more when I get it home tonight. Will have to get used to the 10-50 strings.

Here's some pics in my crappy office, which is stuck in the middle of the building with no natural light anywhere to be seen.

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_4001.JPG

IMG_4002.JPG

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow, that guitar looks amazing! Congrats! I've never heard of those guitars until today; what's the tone like? Can it be compared to a Gretsch?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The Guitar Corner in Kitchener carries Deusenberg guitars now. I haven't plugged one in yet but they sure do look awesome. Congrats on purchase.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that guitar looks amazing! Congrats! I've never heard of those guitars until today; what's the tone like? Can it be compared to a Gretsch?
I don’t know having never played a Gretsch. It’s a got a full sound closer to a Les Paul in my brief time playing it on a Roland Cube Lite at the office.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
God that's beautiful!... I love Duesenbergs...

Reactions: 1SweetRide

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like that it's a semi-hollow that's also got a 25.5" scale length. That combination is less common than I would have thought.

·
Premium Member
4,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought they were locking tuners but I believe they're a design where the string goes into the post and down to the back of the headstock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts