The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's basically a Squier Classic Vibe 60s with a different colour scheme (Fiesta Red/Mint green guard/Cream plastics) and Tonerider Pure Vintage pickups. They're Alnico V magnets, with the bridge pickup being a mix of Vs (lower 3 strings) and IIIs (higher 3 strings).

I'm new to Strats, but I've been trying some for a while in shops so I have an idea of what's out there. For the money, I'm really impressed with the quality of the Classic Vibe. It stays in tune, sounds like a Strat and looks the part. The Biffy Clyro logo on the headstock isn't too offensive (Simon Neil's band ~ didn't know them before looking at this guitar). The colour is bang on - a nice tomato soup red. It's hard to capture Fiesta Red in pictures but it looks exactly like custom shops I've seen.

Plus I picked it up brand new for slightly more than they go for used these days, which is nice. I'm a happy camper.

·
Registered
890 Posts
And a nice dark board to boot. Awesome colour combination, including the tinted headstock and likely back of the neck.

Excellent choice. Enjoy those sweet tones!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Squier has been knocking it out of the park lately. I think we're living in the golden age of guitars; affordability has reached a pinnacle and we're seeing guitars that perform far above their price point. That's the perfect shade of red. Enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts