The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a "new to me" guitar, and it was delivered today. It's a sunburst Simon & Patrick Song Smith - 12 string I picked up for cheap. No issues, plays good, sounds great. And that's with strings on it that are probably older than I am.

SP SongSmith12.jpg

So far, I like it. Short scale. Neck is wide but quite flat to about the 5th fret. The wild cherry back & sides are really nice.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have a Songsmith 6-string Concert Hall model. These are nice guitars. I use D'Addario Coated PBs, EXP 16 (Lights). Gives the Songsmith a bit of a boxy growl, when strummed.

I've not seen the 12-string model. Looks nice. Always wanted a 12-string in my stable of acoustics!

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is my first Godin product, and I'm impressed. It's clear & bright and the sound is full of "colour" that the 12 string I have been playing (Takamine G-series) just doesn't have.

Don't be too surprised if I come home with a Seagull one of these days.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is my first Godin product, and I'm impressed. It's clear & bright and the sound is full of "colour" that the 12 string I have been playing (Takamine G-series) just doesn't have.

Don't be too surprised if I come home with a Seagull one of these days.
Be sure to check out Godin's combination of solid cedar top with the laminate wild cherry back and sides. I like this combo best...

Reactions: Lincoln

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have the same guitar. I installed an LR Baggs Lyrique pickup in it, and used it for a pit show in Toronto this year.
You have the 12-string, or the 6-string Concert Hall??

·
Registered
121 Posts
What's your favorite string gauge on the Godins? 11's or 12's?
I use D'Addario PB Coated Lights - EXP16s - on all my guitars. So, .012-.053s...

Reactions: Lincoln
1 - 9 of 9 Posts