The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was at a local music store on sale for a really good price (L&M lists for $1145, was on sale here for $850). The strings were in need of replacement. It sounded really good, but a little dull compared to some others, I was convinced it was the strings but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know for sure. I bought it anyways and brought it home, played it for 30 min and then changed the strings, wow! Sounds excellent! Loud, balanced, complex is how I would describe it. I have been playing a fair amount of <$1000 acoustics lately and lots of them sound very good. Maybe it's because I'm not playing them back to back, but this one just has a little bit more to the sound than the others.

·
Registered
14,584 Posts
Nice grain on that--hope ti sounds as good as it looks.

Enjoy!

Reactions: sillyak

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Man, that is one very sharp-looking acoustic! Congratulations and enjoy playing it.

Reactions: sillyak

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks is for the compliments!

My case humidifier is only getting the case up to about 37-38% humidity. Is this enough for a solid wood guitar? Should I get a second humidifier for the case? Humidity in my house is 22% right now.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Thanks is for the compliments!

My case humidifier is only getting the case up to about 37-38% humidity. Is this enough for a solid wood guitar? Should I get a second humidifier for the case? Humidity in my house is 22% right now.
That should be okay. Some guitars get a little flat sounding at anything higher than that. Others are fine even at 45%. I would definitely keep it in the case though, except when you have it out to play.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts