The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this puppy 2 days ago. Pic not mine.
Reverend Guitars - Pete Anderson PA-1

Well I have had a bit of Gretsch lust for a while and played a bunch of Korean models.
Nice guitars but there was something missing - nothing wrong per se, but did not speak to me.

Reverend hit this thing out of the ball park IMHO. The body remains fully hollow but there is a brace and a. anchor post so the bridge can be mounted in the body- not just held by string tension. It's different to a center block that runs through all the way and different to fully hollow. The sustain and acoustic properties are lovely
Real Bigsby, synthetic nut, low action, substantial neck but not fat. I may do a re-fret one day as I like bigger frets but not an issue yet.

Bass contour knob in addition to the regular treble- governing the p90s nicely. From fat to chimy. -an amazing array of tonal possibilities. The P90s are somewhat overwound from what I can detect. Fairly quiet and dead silent in middle position

Markus

·
Registered
810 Posts
Welcome to the club! All this guitar needs is one of the Reverend 'soft touch' springs for the Bigsby for butter-smooth touch-- depending on the 'vintage' of yours it may already be there.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good point DavidP.
The Bigsby is a little stiff and low... and I'm looking to get a longer, softer spring.
No doubt this guitar has been played. But honest wear and also it has that pawnshop vibe anyway

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Nice one, congrats!

Reverend are a great bang for the buck.
I had a Flatroc and that BCC is a very useful feature.

·
Registered
18,584 Posts
Congrats. Enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts